How Long Does it Take to Build a House?
Sat 5th September
One question that’s in the mind of anyone who’s planning to build a custom home will be, “how long will it take?”
Rest assured – the timeline for your custom home build doesn’t need to be complex or chaotic like some of the projects on Grand Designs! You might be relieved to hear that the design process with our custom design home builders in Sydney is straightforward, clear and reliable.
A bespoke home, and a timeline to suit
Just as your custom home design is entirely unique to you, the timeframe will be too. Our team will provide a clear timeline for important milestones in the building of your custom home, so you can plan ahead and look forward to the day you move in.
The journey from initial discussions with the team about your dream home to when you are handed the keys can depend on many factors, including:
- The shape, size and slope of your land, and any other unique conditions
- The council area your property is in
- Whether the land is registered
- Complexity of the home design
- Finance approval
- Whether you use the DA or approval process (more on this in a moment)
- Approval times on the client side
- Any unforeseen issues during the build, such as inclement weather
- The experience and services of your luxury custom home builders in Sydney.
How long does it take to build a custom home?
While your own timeline may look different, here’s a typical example to give you an idea.
- The site inspection might take place a few days after your initial enquiry. Your site inspection is a vital part of the process of building a custom home with Wincrest Bespoke, as we consider ways to use the site’s characteristics to their ultimate potential and can give you a useful idea of the costs it will take to build your dream home.
- Factor in approximately 4-8 weeks from site inspection to tender presentation. This stage includes a meeting with our team of architectural designers to envision your perfect home. We’ll also help you choose either the DA approval method or the CDC option, which can provide much faster approval for your new home. You can xplore the benefits of a CDC here.
- Once you are presented with your tender and pay your commencement fee, we can prepare the construction plans to your chosen method of approval.
- At this point you’ll have your appointment with our interior decorator/colour consultant to select your external and internal colours, finishes and products.
- Final plans are updated to include your selection of finishes and are submitted to the relevant authorities for approval. DA approval can typically take between 12-18 months, while CDC approval can typically take from 10-120 days. Find out how much does DA approval cost in NSW here.
- Once the approvals have been received and your contract is signed, we are ready to begin construction of your new home.
- Once your home has been built and the final practical completion and quality control have been finalised, it’s time to move in. We’re delighted to hand over the keys to your brand-new home.
- 13 weeks after moving into your new home, our warranty team gets in touch to follow up on any small things that may need taking care of.
It’s important to remember that this is a general guide, and that each block, local council and custom build will be different. The time taken to build your beautifully bespoke custom home will depend on various factors, including the difficulty of the build and finishes chosen.
Rest assured that each of these steps ensures your home is entirely personalised to your lifestyle and land. As our client testimonials reflect, the building process is streamlined and enjoyable with the experienced team at Wincrest Bespoke.